Hip Gig Stretch

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Adding a Little Sparkle

Good Afternoon,

This blog itself is a product of creativity and for any of you who feel inspired to start your own blog, I thought I would share a few of things that I have learned in my short time as a blogger.

1. It is super easy to start a blog. I have a gmail account, so I chose to use the Blogger option provided by Google. If you are in your gmail account, go to More tab at the top. Click on even more and then scroll down until you see the Blogger icon. There are several other places that provide free options, I am just not familiar with them.

2. Pick something that you are passionate about. I thoroughly enjoy being creative. Now that I have started a blog, I find myself looking and finding more ways to be creative in my everyday life. This makes it easy to come up with ideas for posts. It has been a very fulfilling process.

3. Make it your own. There are so many ways to make a blog personal. In addition to picking a topic that is important to you, the layout can help your blog stand out form the others. The Blogger interface provides lots of options for backgrounds, fonts, and layouts. If you are looking for other options, The Cutest Blog on the Block (www.thecutestblogontheblock.com), has some really great options that are free. I added a little sparkle to A Spare Time Creative by adding their "All that Glitters" background.

If you were thinking of starting of blog, I hope that these few tips are helpful or maybe it inspired you to thinking about what you might want to blog about. Either way, I hope that you make it your own.

-- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment